Regional Construction Manager (Americas)
GENERAL PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Ensure successful realization of major and/or complex development projects within cost, time and quality constraints. Ensure that the equipment, facilities, process areas, and out-of-process areas are in optimum operating conditions at any time, meeting the company's standards.
LOCATION: Puerto Rico
• Design, Construction and Supervision of petroleum depots. These depots should range from simple 2,000 cubic meter ones to large and complicated over 200,000 cubic meter ones. These terminals must be capable of handling all white products and spirits including crude oil, fuel oil and bitumen.
Organize and guide meetings to deliver project/construction work results to the construction and development personnel and discuss the internal matters of the department. Participate in the operations' meetings to discuss, analyze, and suggest solutions for the problems arising from the variable company's departments.
Develop, implement, and evaluate investment projects assigned to his/her department. Develop department's budget, according to procedures. Develop and implement the paint schedule for tanks, buildings, and structures.
Work closely with operations management to ensure successful development of scheduled construction projects.
EXPERIENCE: Degree in Civil Engineering with extensive experience in varied construction .
Bilingual: English and +French/Spanish/other.
• Knowledge of the international codes and standards in petroleum depots and products as well as knowledge of marine principles
• Project Finance experience and Build Operate and Transfer concept
• Operating experience in petroleum depots, jetties and offshore mooring systems
• Knowledge of high value contract negotiation in the petroleum industry, with first hand experience of large CAPEX or OPEX contract implementation