Office Manager Angola M/F
This position provides full range of administrative support for the Regional Director Services West Africa, the EMEA Director of Finance & Controller, the EMEA HR Director and their representatives.
- To support the technical, commercial and personnel activities with the necessary administrational skills.
- To accomplish tasks efficiently and accurately with discretion and integrity.
- To project a professional image of the Company and to use sound judgement when dealing with external sources.
- This position requires demonstrated analytical and administrative skills to independently coordinate multiple processes and programs.
- To be self motivated and able to accomplish tasks efficiently and accurately with discretion where necessary.
The incumbent must be capable of working on assignments that are complex in nature where considerable judgment and initiative are required in resolving problems and making recommendations. Will frequently be required to determine methods, procedures, and set direction on time sensitive issues when the Director is unavailable. Behaviour that will lead to success include initiative, attention to detail, prioritization, multi-tasking, and producing high quality, error free work product.
Successful candidate will be self-motivated, have demonstrated ability to handle sensitive and confidential information discreetly, capable of anticipating needs, be able to work independently, while demonstrating strong collaboration, organization, and communication skills.
Position Responsibilities and Duties:
- Effectively manage the office by: managing the calendar, time periods, periodic deadlines (e.g. tax, payroll etc.) at times, to provide blocks of work time and/or flexibility, anticipating scheduling problems and over-commitments before they happen and responding to scheduling changes Coordinate travel (domestic and international) for the Director and his leadership staff and others as needed
- Handle confidential information and work with all levels of management. Coordinate daily tasks
- Set-up offsite and large staff meetings
- Audit and process expense reports on a weekly basis
- Coordinate and produce monthly reports
- Assist with employee and consultant hiring, terminations, PMP process and general requests as needed
- Provide reception/switchboard support 3-5 times a month and set-up monthly schedule for support team.
- Maintain and order all office supplies, copier issues, and other front office needs to ensure office runs smoothly for staff and visitors.
- Communicate to team regarding expected tasks and deadlines (examples monthly safety report cards and training).
- Assist in projects as needed. Coordination with the Project Managers inside or outside Angola with the management of the FS engineers timesheets and expense report to ensure on time customer invoicing and payroll processing.
- Must be able to effectively manage communications and relations with other executive personnel both inside and outside the company, such as the Accounting Company and Legal firm Miranda Law.
- Coordination with the Landlord for resolution of any issues related to the office lease.
- Management and coordination of the applications for work visas for the ex pat service engineers mobilized to Angola.
- Organize meet & greet for company personnel travelling to Angola, including service engineers when required.
- Administration of the company car(s) and driver(s).
- Must be able to effectively manage communications and relations with other executive personnel both inside and outside the company.
- Associates degree
- Senior administrative experience in assistance or office management;
- Direct experience in the administrative support of legal entity, including processes and procedures with the various Angolan administration offices;
- Excellent verbal, listening and written communication skills;
- Fluent (speaking and writing) in English and Portuguese;
- Finance/accounting background or experience is preferred;
- HR background or experience is preferred;
- A high degree of tact, initiative, accuracy, judgment and superior interpersonal skills;
- A thorough understanding of business practices and procedures;
- Expert knowledge of MS Office, PowerPoint, Outlook and general office equipment;
- Ability to handle a variety of tasks in a fast paced environment;
- Ability to work well with executives, senior leaders and their teams and other levels of management;
- Ability to work well under pressure and manage several critical tasks simultaneously;
- Self-confidence and a professional behaviour.
Please note: Only one application to GCC is required in order to be considered for ALL suitable opportunities. We do encourage you to update your profile and CV on your original application in the future to ensure your records are accurate.