Field Service Representative (Angolan)
1) Provide technical assistance on installation, startup, servicing, overhauls, and troubleshooting of D-R made equipment (i.e. power generation, centrifugal compressor, steam turbine, reciprocating compressor, control and condition monitoring systems) primarily in Angola and West Africa.
2) Ability to read mechanical prints and drawings, piping and instrumentation diagrams (PID's), and blue prints.
3) Write clear, concise daily reports to keep factory and field personnel accurately appraised of job progress and to protect the company from liability for problems resulting from customer deviations from D-R standards.
4) Complete the specified installation, commissioning and startup documentation prior to leaving each job-site.
5) Maintain and submit in a timely manner accurate expense reports and time sheets.
6) Arrange professional travel to job sites through D-R's travel group per instructions received from the Field Service Manager or Field Service Coordinator in Luanda.
7) Instruct and train customers' operators and/or maintenance personnel when requested or directed.
8) Accurately record and report any problems encountered in the field to permit the factory to investigate and institute corrective action and to aid the factory in the equitable settlement of any warranty-associated claims.
9) Report on competitive equipment and customers' power generation and gas compression needs. Be aware of potential opportunities to offer D-R products and services and be able to discuss these with clients.
10) Actively recommend customer's purchase of desirable spare parts.
11) Support and participate in Dresser-Rand quality programs.
12) Adhere to all the requirements of the Employee Code of Ethics.
Skills or Work-style Preferred: