QEOSH Manager (HIMA)
- Develop and Implement a comprehensive Quality Plan targeting the achievement of the BU Quality goals, the acceleration of the Quality improvement across the supply chain, the Implementation of The Coca-Cola Company requirements KORE (Quality, Environment and Occupational Safety & Health) or ISO equivalent in the Bottling Plants, Distribution centers and market place and ensuring 100% compliance to Company and BU Quality, Environment and Occupational Safety & Health related Policies, requirements and specifications.
- Drive environmental, occupational health & safety performance of the Business Unit to minimize risks, maximize opportunities and enhance reputation for the system. Special focus on wastewater & packaging compliance, occupational safety and health practices and achieve sustainable growth through sound water resources management.
- Coach and lead the Quality Improvement team in the BU and optimize their activities so that they can positively and significantly impact quality and stewardship performance results.
- Support Quality improvement personnel at the BU to accelerate the quality improvement in all its aspects, eliminating potential technical business risks and achieving excellence in the bottling plants processes. This will require very close working with senior Bottler Management in order to identify all improvement opportunities and set accurate and detailed corrective action plans.
- Oversee, monitor and track Annual quality and stewardship Improvement Plans for each bottling plant and Co-Packer in the Business Unit in order to:
- Accelerate the improvement of Product, package and fountain quality indicators targeting the inspirational goal of 100% Product Quality conformance.
- Accelerate the implementation and monitoring of KORE, Compliance and ISO certification in the Bottling Plants, Distribution centers and Market place for quality, environment, safety and food safety.
- Accelerate the improvement of water, energy, solid waste and recycling ratios.
- Accelerate occupational safety & health related performance indicators and regularly evaluating the effectiveness of the plan and adjusting it as needed.
- Set stretch Quality goals and a detailed plan for their achievement for the following areas as a minimum: Bottling plants and Co-packers (BPQI , PCQI, Production Index), Fountain key accounts QI, fountain general outlets QI, distribution centers quality metrics, compliance audits , ingredients and chemicals suppliers audits, consumer complaints and recalls, product age and rotation in market , FIFO and TPM.
- Set stretch Environment and Occupational Health and Safety goals for bottling plants, distribution centres and Co-packers and a detailed plan for their achievement for the following performance indicators as a minimum: WUR, SWR, EUR, LTIR, Fatalities.
- Evaluate business technical risks across the value chain processes including suppliers, bottlers, Co-Packers and distribution and develop and implement required action plans to ensure full compliance to Company Policies and requirements so that potential risks are prevented.
- Review bottling plants and ingredients suppliers audits reports and ensure all issues reported are properly investigated, addressed through detailed corrective action plans and resolved in reasonable time and validate effectiveness of each corrective action plan.
- Contribute to a continuous and effective coordination process with the other BU Technical team functions (KORE implementers, Packaging, Technical Services, SRA & Commercialization, etc) so that the efforts from different players converge to the ultimate objectives set by the Business Unit and Group.
- Ensure Trade sampling program is properly executed in sales territories under responsibility and proceed to its regular assessment and ensure Quality measures (QM) reference data is regularly reviewed and updated.
- Lead and manage the environmental and safety function and ensure full integration of all environmental aspects and requirements into Bottler and Franchise improvement plans.
- Be single point of contact within the franchise on all aspects of Quality, environment and occupational safety & health (QEOSH)
- Establish and maintain a document management system within the BU on all aspects relating to Quality, i.e. policy, guidelines, internal audits, external audit reports and CAP's - this included a Bottler communication protocol and document control system
- Prioritize the implementation of the QEOSH Programs and Techniques in the manufacturing sites and distribution centres so that the cycle of continuous improvement is built in the system.
- Understand the communication needs of the BU management, and issue the appropriately focused QEOSH reports. This in order to provide senior management with the required information on the quality, environment and occupational health & safety performances of our business.
- Provide input and support to product and package launches to ensure the quality of all new product/package launches.
- Create QEOSH ownership at all levels of the bottler through setting up the necessary awareness programs and management routines.
- Closely work with the QEOSHM's and their bottling plants to identify training needs for both BU Quality Improvement staff and bottler staff and provide direction and support in order to achieve high standards and excellence at the plants. Prioritize the development areas based on the business need e.g.: NCBs, Quality improvement tools, GMPs, Consumer complaints, etc.
- Lead, coach and supervise the Quality Improvement team, sets their goals and evaluates their performance.
- Responsible for the improvement of all QEOSH Metrics, the implementation of Management Systems (ISO), Risk Management Process, Suppliers Management etc..
- Experience in the Quality Area in food, chemicals or pharmaceutical industry.
- Conversant with ISO 9001, ISO14001, OHSAS18001 and FSSC 22000 standards and auditing courses.
- Proficiency in English and French is a must. Portuguese / Spanish is an added advantage.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in Science, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Microbiology, engineering or related disciplines with relevant quality management experience.
- Beverage Manufacturing: Knowledge of and ability to apply carbonated and non-carbonated beverage processing techniques (e.g., proportioning, carbonating, syrup manufacturing, filling).
- Good Manufacturing Practices: Knowledge of the basic elements of Good Manufacturing Practices. This includes understanding of Company and regulatory guidelines.
- Production Processes: Knowledge of syrup and beverage manufacturing processes. These include blending solids, blending liquids or juices, carbonation, filling, water treatment, packaging, cleaning and sanitation, or refrigeration technologies.
- Problem Analysis/ Problem Solving: Forming an opinion or making a decision through careful testing of assumptions and facts; taking action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- General Scientific Principles: Understands basic chemistry and microbiology as it relates to the production of carbonated and non-carbonated beverages.
- Quality Assurance Principles: Identifies and clearly articulates the processes and quality control and assurance activities needed in the manufacturing of beverages and beverage bases as used in The Coca-Cola Company.
- Ingredients & Auxiliary Materials: Knowledge of ingredients and auxiliary materials used in beverage manufacturing.
- Laboratory Testing: Knowledge of packaging and equipment test procedures, measurement devices, reporting methods.
- Risk Analysis/Management: Knowledge of and ability to manage the risk analysis/management process consisting of four components: Risk Monitoring, Risk Assessment, Risk Management and Risk Communication.
- Supplier Development: Using knowledge of supplier manufacturing processes to influence and guide them in improving and developing their process capability, control and monitoring to ensure consistent delivery against Company standards
- Basic Packaging: Basic knowledge of Packaging materials and the related production processes.
- Basic Project Management: Knowledge of project management principles and the ability to apply the principles, tools and techniques to develop/plan, manage or execute projects or work plans to ensure successful completion (e.g. on time, within budget).
- Building Technical Relationship: Ability to apply technical knowledge and establish credibility with highly technical internal or external contacts in order to build technical relationships that will benefit customers or the company.
- KORE: Knowledge and application of policies, principles and standards of KORE in order to ensure consistent quality, protect the Company's trademarks, promote customer and consumer satisfaction and respond to changing business needs.
- Regulatory: Abreast of existing regulations and possible new local regulations within the Business Unit that would impact our business from an environment and occupational safety standpoint
- Process Improvement: Evaluating existing processes and identifying more efficient ways to accomplish goals and meet bottler and Company requirements; continuously improving the processes through regular assessment and adjustment.
- Accepting and Building Accountability: Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility for successfully accomplishing work objectives and delivering business results; focusing and guiding others in achieving business results.
- Enhancing and Sustaining the Performance of Others: Planning and supporting the contributions of individuals and the development of their skills and abilities so that they can fulfill current or future job/role responsibilities more effectively.
- Leading through Change: Encouraging others to seek opportunities for different approaches to addressing problems and opportunities; takes responsibility for the implementation and acceptance of change within the workplace.
- Building Value Relationships: Generating alliances internally and externally by continuously identifying and acting on those things that will create success for the Company and its customers, bottlers, suppliers, communities, and governments.
- Acting with Integrity: Maintaining a commitment to honesty; models social, ethical, and organizational values; firmly adhering to codes of conduct and ethical principles.
- Pursuing Personal Development: Actively identifying new areas for personal learning; regularly creating and taking advantage of learning opportunities; using newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learning through their application in order to improve results.
Please note: Only one application to GCC is required in order to be considered for ALL suitable opportunities. We do encourage you to update your profile and CV on your original application in the future to ensure your records are accurate.