Business Development Manager
Strategic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports the formulation and execution of the Vision and corporate strategic plan
- Actively involved in the development of long- and short-term business goals, objectives and targets as part of the company's planning and budgeting process
- Ensures that all units utilize a common platform of planning / budgeting and analysis tools with the most efficient processes.
- Provides critical analytical and research support to develop growth strategies for OGP.
- Works with business managers and teams to ensure the development and documentation of functional strategic plans which are presented to the Executive Management and Board for approval
- Communicates key information to stakeholders across the Group as regards marketplace needs, the competitive environment, cost management, and the provision of high quality customer-focused products and services.
- The position incumbent is also responsible for gathering, analysing and disseminating information on energy policy involving federal regulatory matters.
- Presents viable business opportunities to the executive management team
- Identifies changes in the economic and business environment that may potentially warrant modifications to OGP's business development and operational support strategies and keeps stakeholders informed of organizational and environmental changes and trends that may have an impact on OGP's current and future performance
Operational Duties and Responsibilities:
- Enables the development of comprehensive Marketing, Sales and Operations management strategies, business plans and supporting budgets & policies
- Supports the effective integration of the Company's strategic plan with its day-to-day operations, across functional areas, and in so doing regularly interfaces with the Corporate Group Office and individual operating entities within the Group to determine areas of mutual collaboration towards the achievement of Group objectives
- Coordinates the annual strategic planning and budgeting process, assists with 5 year business plan, financial forecasting and variance analysis
- Leads sub teams in business planning and analysis, supports the formulation and documentation of final recommendations for executive and senior management review.
- Develop financial models and analytical frameworks to facilitate strategic planning and support management assumptions
- Develops strategy implementation and business performance measurement tools
- Prepares presentations for senior management on business results, budgets, forecasts and areas of focus
- Conduct market, competitor and industry analyses to identify business growth opportunities
- Analyzes business improvement opportunities by conducting economic, commercial, technical, financial reviews etc, with reference to best practice methodologies and approaches
- Drives the communication, execution and monitoring of the corporate and functional strategies and plans
- Works with business Managers to effectively negotiate and execute definitive research and/or licensing/concession agreements, as well as other business contracts
- Works with the Legal function of Oando Plc to ensure collaborative and contractual obligations are met
- Develops standard Request for Proposal (RFP) templates, monitors the process and works with the Head, Procurement to analyse bids
- Researches and coordinates company data to support Business Development efforts; oversees the company's knowledge management efforts and manages the library
- Coordinates all corporate deliverables; deliver business presentations to varied audiences and represent the CEO where appropriate.
- Performs other assigned duties as delegated from time to time
Key Performance Indicators:
- Quality, timeliness and effectiveness of corporate and functional plans developed, and the level of alignment with OGP's Vision
- Extent to which operating plans and activities are driven by Corporate/Group Strategies
- Quality of financial models
- Effectiveness of market intelligence
- Effectiveness of processes & systems in enabling the business
- Number of new business development initiatives that are implemented
- Effectiveness of knowledge management within the company
Education And Qualifications
- 1st degree in Business, Finance or Economics, or other related field
- Minimum of 7 years work experience, at least 2 of which must have been in a similar role or Financial Planning and Analysis, Management Consulting, Corporate Finance within a reputable and structured business environment, preferably in the Oil & Gas industry
- Demonstrated ability to develop financial models and other complex analyses in Excel and present results in an easy to understand format
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Oil Gas & Energy Industry Dynamics
- Business Strategy Development and Execution
- Appreciation of Finance & Investment Management principles
- Quantitative, analytical skills; strong attention to detail
- Business Planning Processes
- Business Performance Management Systems (Balanced Scorecard)
- Ability to conduct Secondary Research
- Creativity & Innovation
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Team playing
- Oral & Written Communication
- PC Utilisation
Please note: Only one application to GCC is required in order to be considered for ALL suitable opportunities. We do encourage you to update your profile and CV on your original application in the future to ensure your records are accurate.