Chief Operating Officer
Strategic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Examines prevailing gas sector regulation and policies; formulates changes necessary to comply with new regulations, and obtains necessary executive approval before implementation.
- Acts as chief advisor and strategist providing needed support to the MD/CEO, employees and Board with respect to the identification of business and operational risk, and the resolution of attendant issues.
- Communicates key information to stakeholders across the Group as regards marketplace needs, the competitive environment, cost management, and the provision of high quality customer-focused products and services; such information is obtained through effective relationships and interactions within the business environment and directly with customers, technical and operating partners.
- Provides management oversight for the development of high quality, cost effective and integrated marketing, sales and operational management programs; oversees surveys, ROW and other permit processing activities.
- Works with the Finance function in liasing with external Financial Services organisations, as may be required, to ensure the business/construction projects remain adequately funded.
- Oversees all phases of the pipeline construction work in OG&P, and other areas, and ensures timelines and cost targets are achieved.
- Expands OG&P outreach activities and referral networks to ensure effective technical/operating partnerships and alliances are forged which will facilitate OG&P's growth as an integrated Gas supply Company delivering high quality and on time products.
Operational Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participates in the formulation and execution of the Vision and corporate level strategic plan including those for business growth, financial management and operating efficiency.
- Ensures the effective integration of the Company's strategic plan with its day-to-day operations and in so doing regularly interfaces with the Group and individual operating entities within the Group to determine areas of mutual collaboration towards the achievement of Group objectives.
- Develops and fosters effective collaboration between the various functional areas/departments, and individual members of staff (within Gaslink and other Companies in the Group) to ensure an integrated approach to providing high quality products and services to customers, thereby fulfilling OG&P mission and enabling the Company meet set goals and objectives.
- Maintains overall responsibility for the development of comprehensive Marketing, Sales and Operations management strategies, as well as business plans, supporting budgets and policies.
- Determines rate of return status and also prepares special purpose rate studies.
- Monitors the Divisional budget to ensure revenue and expenditure profiles are maintained for the business; co-ordinates the periodic business performance monitoring and reporting activities of the various Departments within the Division.
- Ensures smooth and efficient operations around the distribution and supply of Gas to consumers, including the management of all related resources and assets associated with daily operations.
- Ensures timely responses are prepared to queries from regulatory authorities as regards any aspect of operations.
- Ensures customer inquiries are effectively handled.
- Works through OG&P's leadership and management team to help reduce costs, enhance revenues, and achieve effective utilisation of assets, product quality and throughput goals and objectives.
- Manages the performance, career development, welfare and motivation of employees directly within functional areas of responsibility, i.e. Business Development/Technical Sales, Construction and Technical Services.
- Where appropriate, represents OG&P to the external market and public, and internally, through effective communications, marketing and public/community relations activities.
- Takes decisions and acts in the absence of the MD/CEO; performs other duties as assigned.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Extent to which marketing and operating plans/activities are driven by Corporate and Group Strategies
- Quality and effectiveness of business continuity plans
- Effectiveness of marketing, sales and operational strategies and budgets
- Workforce quality and performance of subordinates
- Timely and within budget completion of the gas pipeline construction phases
- Physical state of Gaslink pipelines/Pipeline integrity
- % product throughput/timeliness of product & service delivery to end users
- No. of targeted customers won/lost
- Sales Volume
- No. & cost of industrial accidents and environmental hazards that occur
- No. & cost of regulatory fines and penalties due to non-compliance
- Operating efficiency (e.g. no. of industrial actions in plants)
- Market share growth
- Customer satisfaction levels
- Staff satisfaction levels
- Effectiveness of processes & systems in enabling the business
- Cost of operations and effectiveness of asset utilisation
Education And Qualifications
- 1st degree in Chemical Engineering, Business Administration, Economics or a related field
- 10 - 12 years cognate work experience, the last 4of which must have been in an Senior/Executive Management role within a reputable and structured oil & gas business environment
- Experience handling gas pipeline construction and operations is required
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Oil & Gas Industry Dynamics
- Business Strategy Development and Execution
- Gas Plant & Pipeline Operations
- Finance, Accounts & Investment Management
- Performance Management
- Project Management
- Creativity & Innovation
- Marketing & Sales
- Relationship Management
- Political Savvy
- Oral & Written Communication
- PC Utilisation
Please note: Only one application to GCC is required in order to be considered for ALL suitable opportunities. We do encourage you to update your profile and CV on your original application in the future to ensure your records are accurate.